We are striving for equality in our society in terms of:
– Availability of opportunities for education irrespective of caste, race, economic status and gender
– Availability of opportunities to pursue lifestyle/work of their own liking irrespective of caste, race, economic status and gender
– Availability of opportunity to exercise their fundamental rights irrespective of caste, race, economic status and gender
– Accountability towards fundamental duties irrespective of caste, race, economic status and gender
– Accountability towards establishment of fairness irrespective of caste, race, economic status and gender
– Accountability towards establishment of aforementioned principles of equality among peers irrespective of caste, race, economic status and gender
- To give better quality education to each child from all walks of life to make sure no is left out
- To hand hold each child under our care to one day become independent, professional and upstanding citizens who will in turn uplift their own community
- Educating, motivating and empowering children belonging to hitherto neglected sections of the society. Slowly and steadily the aim is to build a network such that each and every eager student there gets a supporting mentor.
- Drilling holes in the walls that protect and preserve socio-economic segregation and will be building strong interpersonal relationship with the children and community in general. As the movement evolves, when sufficient percolation is done by years and years of repeated interactions, then ‘walls’ breaks down and then there’s no difference between ‘us’ and ‘them’.
- To understand and creatively address the ground level local problems of the community; cherish, share and highlight success stories of the community and learn lessons from their daily struggles; take quicker strides together towards the dream of equity.
What we are not looking for ?
– We are not asking for money from volunteers.
– We are not looking for those who see this work as charity that they have to do selflessly towards ‘upliftment’ of ‘underprivileged’ community.
What we are looking for ?
– We are looking for those who resonate naturally with the cause of equity and thus with all self interest pursue it as it gives them an opportunity for authentic self expression.
– We are looking for those who see the creative aspect of being an educator and thus cultivate positive influence and promote collaboration and peer-to-peer bonding among children as well.